Return your unused and expired medications to the pharmacy. Let’s keep Windsor and Essex County safe by reducing the risk of improper use of prescription medications.
How to Return Medications:
- Remove or black out any personal identification from all medications to be returned.
- Collect all dry medications such as pills and tablets into a bag or container.
- Keep liquids, creams and inhalers in their original packaging.
- Bring your products to a participating pharmacies in your area.
To learn more visit:Download Poster Download Poster - FRE
What products can be returned to pharmacies?
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Natural health products
In Ontario, consumers may also return unused or expired medications for companion animals.
- Empty pill bottles or other containers
- Cosmetics or beauty products
- Sharps, needles or syringes (Ontario has a collection program for these items, click here for more information.)